Encourage your kids to eat well:
- Set a good example yourself.
- Explain why it’s important to eat healthily.
- Call healthy foods ‘brain food’ or ‘superman’s food’ to encourage a positive attitude.
- Be supportive and encouraging when they try something new, no matter how small the portion.
- Always start with a healthy breakfast such as wholemeal toast, porridge or low-sugar cereals.
- Stock the cupboard with healthy food.
- Disguise food they don’t like such as chopping vegetables very small and mixing in a sauce.
- Make healthy eating a game – count how many peas they’ve eaten, making shapes with their food etc.
- Allow occasional treats.