The Family Investments Junior ISA, brought to you in partnership with Bounty, is a great way to invest in your child’s future. You can open a Family Investments Junior ISA for your child if they are under the age of 16 and eligible for a Junior ISA. Or if your child has a Child Trust Fund, it could be transferred to our Junior ISA. Call us on 0800 1389 007 to find out more about transferring.
You can invest up to £4,080 a year in our stocks and shares Junior ISA. We believe that investing in stocks and shares offers greater potential for growing your child’s money over the long term. In fact, studies have shown that over every 18 year period for the last 50 years, stocks and shares have outperformed cash or building society accounts†. Of course, past performance is not a reliable indicator of future performance.
It’s important to bear in mind that as the Family Investments Junior ISA invests in stocks and shares fluctuating values mean it’s possible your child could get back less than was paid in. Also, only your child can access the money, and only from their 18th birthday.
To help you make an informed choice please see these essential documents
Fund Fact Sheet (Download PDF 500k)
Important Information Booklet (Download PDF 156k)
†Source: Barclays equity gilt study February 2014. Average annual real rate of return based on Barclays indices.
How much your child's Junior ISA could be worth?
To find out how much your child's Junior ISA could be worth use our Junior ISA calculator.
About the Junior ISA
- Affordable: You can invest anything between £10 and £340 per month – whatever suits you best.
- Flexible: You can adjust the amount you invest whenever you want, to suit your circumstances.
- Easy to open and manage: When you’re ready to apply it takes just 10 minutes to open a Junior ISA online. You can manage the account via our friendly UK call centre or online at any time.
- Tax efficient: The proceeds are free from capital gains tax and income tax.
(Please note: Tax advantages depend on you and your child’s individual circumstances, and may change in the future)
- Trusted: Family Investments is an award-winning provider, with over 35 years’ experience helping parents invest in their children’s futures.
- For your child: Only your child can access the money and only from their 18th birthday, so you can be sure they have it when they really need it.
If you’ve read all the product information and you are happy the Family Investments Junior ISA is right for you, you can apply today.
A little thank you…
Open a Junior ISA today and receive up to £20 Boots vouchers*
You can also call 0800 1389 007
9am-7pm Monday to Friday, 9am-noon Saturday.
Telephone calls may be recorded and monitored for training purposes
Neither Family Investments nor Bounty provide financial advice. If you have any doubts as to the suitability of this product, you should seek independent financial advice.
What to do if you are pregnant
As a new parent, there are so many things to do and think about that it can be easy for money management to take a back seat as you care for your baby.
By organising your finances during pregnancy, you’ll have one less thing to worry about once the big day has arrived.
When you register your due date with us, you’ll receive a free Family Money Guide packed with expert tips.
- Budgeting: To ensure that you keep a hold on your spending.
- Savings: So that you can invest in your child’s future.
- Maternity Leave and Childcare Costs: Achieving a work-life balance while caring for your child.
- Tax Credits and Benefits: Making sure you get all the help you’re entitled to.
By registering your due date with us, you’ll also be sent all the information you need to set up a Family Investments Junior ISA once your child is born and begin investing in his or her financial future.
*As a thank you, when you open a Junior ISA account with a monthly Direct Debit of £10 or more, we’ll send you a £10 Boots voucher. If the Direct Debit is set up for £20 or more, we’ll send you a £20 voucher. Gift vouchers will not be dispatched until two Direct Debits have credited the child’s account. This may take up to 90 days.
Junior ISA explained
Family Investments prides itself on looking after its customers, and making sure that they have all the information they need to understand the children’s savings options available to them. The videos below should make things a little clearer and help you make the right decision for you and your child.
Please note: The content of this video should not be interpreted as advice, and your individual circumstances may differ from those of the actors seen here. Information correct as at 06/04/2015.
About Family Investments
Family Investments has a long and successful history helping parents invest in their children’s financial futures with simple, hassle-free savings and investments plans.
It’s not a big bank in disguise – it’s a specialist mutual provider with its customers’ needs at heart.
Some facts about Family Investments:
*customers surveyed May 2013
Currently looking after over £4.9 billion for 1.8 million customers
- A leading provider of children’s savings with more than 1.3 million Child Trust Fund accounts
- Voted best Junior ISA Provider at the 2014 and 2012 Moneyfacts awards, and highly commended in the same category in 2013.
- 9/10 customers would recommend Family Investments to friend*
- Accounts are simple to set up and manage – online account management is available 24/7
- Friendly UK call centre
Bounty is a trading name of Bounty (UK) Limited who are an Introducer Appointed Representative (registered in the UK) of Family Investments.
The Junior ISA is provided by Family Investments. Family Investments is a trading name of Family Equity Plan Limited (Co. No. 2208249) which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered in England & Wales at 16-17 West Street, Brighton BN1 2RL, United Kingdom.
20839 014 05.2015