Welcome to the Bounty Community. To keep the site a happy place, we ask that you follow a few simple guidelines when interacting with others. We call it our Community Code of Conduct and, if everyone follows it, the Community will remain a place where people can speak freely and honestly – which is exactly what it’s there for.
Community Code of Conduct
- We know it goes without saying, but we ask that you please show respect and courtesy to other Community users at all times
- Please do not harass, threaten or attack anyone, or behave in a way that could cause annoyance or distress to other people
- We will not tolerate offensive language
- We ask that you refrain from posting links to Facebook groups and/or promoting businesses. Please also do not 'flood' or 'spam' our message boards
- You are not permitted to use the message boards to publicise a commercial business
- Remember, the only place money can be exchanged for goods is in the ‘Buy/Sell’ area
- Please help us to keep Bounty a safe place to be by reporting any issues you come across on the site
- You are forbidden from doing anything criminal or illegal, or encouraging others to do so
- Be yourself. Don’t impersonate another person online or use their details
- Stay safe – don’t give out yours or anybody else’s personal details
- We want you to speak freely and enter into debates, but we ask that you talk to others in the way you’d like to be spoken to. Join the Community with an open mind, and be prepared to come across lots of different viewpoints. We ask that you don’t disrupt the flow of an ongoing discussion or chat, if you want to talk about something else simply start another message thread or visit another relevant Group. We may move or delete posts that appear irrelevant to the discussion they’re posted in. Be friendly and welcoming to new members, and please offer to lend a helping hand if anyone is stuck. Always bear in mind that anything you post is a public comment and, depending on your privacy settings, may be visible for all to see. This means that your comments may be visible to non-Bounty members too so please think before you post.
- Please do not bully anyone, attack another Group or user, or encourage others to do so. Sometimes you might offend someone without meaning to, resulting in an angry response. Avoid a so-called ‘flame war’ by either ignoring the comment/s or writing an apology. If there’s a conversation or thread you’re not particularly enjoying, move on to another, but please don’t leave any rude posts.
- Offensive language will not be tolerated, and it’s important to remember that comments you make online could be used as evidence against you in court. Please be that aware offensive language includes anything that is in any way unlawful, threatening, bigoted, racist, obscene or otherwise objectionable or in breach of any obligations of confidence. We do have our own ‘swear box’ filter in place, which blocks out certain words. Unfortunately, this won’t necessarily include words that can be racist, profane or crude, so please don't use them. We reserve the right to exclude you (either temporarily or permanently) from any part of the Bounty website as a result of the use of offensive language.
- We will remove what’s known as flooding. This is the act of posting a repeated thread or post in more than 3 places.
- We absolutely love it when our mums personally recommend products that they like. However, we cannot allow any commercial or personal business advertising or recommendations on our site. This is classed as free advertising and would get us into trouble.
- We cannot allow the lending or transfer of cash (or electronic funds) through the Buy/Sell Group or any part of the Bounty website. This is to be used for personal items only and people are forbidden from buying or selling the following: livestock, pirated goods, medicines, drugs, tobacco, alcohol, food, personal data, vouchers or tickets of any kind. This list is not exhaustive and we reserve the right to remove any inappropriate posts and remove memberships where appropriate. Unfortunately, we also can’t allow members to organise raffles, lotteries, competitions, quizzes, chain letters, money-making or pyramid schemes, tarot readings or horoscopes.
- We do our very best to monitor the Community as much as we can, but we do rely on your help as a user to report any issues you come across too. We operate a notice and take-down policy and, although we can’t guarantee it, we will try to remove reported content straight away. Posts may be deleted without notice and we’ll remove members at our sole discretion. If we think it’s appropriate, we may also take further action against the offending user, but we can’t disclose the outcome of this.
The best way to deal with a troll is to ignore their comments. Just like many other forums, we ask that you ‘don’t feed the trolls’. Responding will only encourage him or her, and they’ll continue to submit disruptive posts. It’s also worth knowing that we’ll remove memberships which contain inappropriate or nonsensical profile information. If we spot an offensive or copyrighted image, or we receive a valid complaint, we’ll delete it and may remove the member concerned.
- Anything considered as unlawful on the site will be removed, and action taken accordingly. This includes anything related to pornography, pirated software and computer games, or other counterfeit goods such as films and music. In using the Community you agree that you own the copyright of any image you upload or that you have the permission of the copyright owner before you upload the image.
- We ask you to be yourselves at all times in the Community. You should never pretend to be somebody else or collect and/or distribute personal data about other users without their express consent. This includes friends, family members, celebrities, Bounty employees or any other member of the Community. You can be held accountable for any breach of the rights of a third party if you haven’t obtained their prior consent to the use of their property (including intellectual property and data), so just be yourself.
- In the interests of security, we strongly recommend that you don’t give out any personal details within the Community because the information could easily be collected and used by third parties. This includes information such as your email address, phone number and date of birth. If we spot any of these on any of the boards, we’ll delete them in the interests of safety. Be sure to use your nickname on the Groups too, not your real name. If you do receive an unpleasant message, you can block the member from contacting you again.
Reporting Blog Abuse: If you have a complaint about a blog entry, please click on the blog and click “mark as offensive”. This will alert the Community Team and the Moderation Team will action as necessary.
Reporting Group or User Abuse: The quickest and easiest way to report abuse on a thread or group is to click “mark as offensive”. This will alert the Community Team and the Moderation Team will action as necessary.
Our promise to you...
- We do not undertake to monitor every communication or the conduct of every user of the Bounty Community. We operate a notice and take-down policy otherwise referred to as reactive moderation. Monitors may be online from time-to-time to ensure that other users are adhering to the Rules. Any monitoring activity may be undertaken by Bounty or its appointed agent, acting on its behalf.
- Bounty will use its best endeavours to promptly remove content which is reported as being in breach of the Rules, but cannot guarantee to do so.
- Bounty does not endorse any opinions expressed by users of the Community.
- Bounty reserves the right at its sole discretion to remove material at any time.
- The Community consists of information posted by third parties. As a result, Bounty accepts no liability in respect of the accuracy or truthfulness of any advice, information or data posted online or any responsibility for the consequences of your acting in reliance on such information.
- If you fail to observe either this Code of Conduct Bounty's Terms and Conditions at any time, Bounty reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to exclude you (either temporarily or permanently) from any part of the Bounty website depending on the nature and severity of your breach.
- Bounty reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to deny access to the Community for repeated or serious breaches of the Community Code of Conduct.
- Bounty may release your information (both present and past) to the relevant authorities where Bounty believes that you have breached the Code of Conduct or have used the Community to commit unlawful acts. We also reserve the right to disclose your personal information where required to do so by law and where we deem it appropriate in response to complaints of a substantial nature.