What feeding accessories are there?
Where to start! Manufacturers offer a whole host of accessories to help make feeding your baby that bit easier. Here are some of the main options you may need.
Drinking cups – Once your baby is weaning, you will need a sippy cup for drinks to accompany mealtimes. Various cups are designed for the different stages of weaning, some with restricted flow for younger babies to fuller flow as they get older.
Utensils – Forks and spoons designed at the right size for baby’s mouth and with a plastic texture to be gentle on baby’s tender gums and also handy for the many times they are bound to hit the floor during early feeding.
Bowls – There are many varieties of bowls available to start the weaning process, again with plastic for baby to be able to hold and use themselves, they often come with a handle easy for baby to use and different manufacturers offer a variety of designs for individual tastes.
Bibs – Bibs are essential for weaning mealtimes, unless you are happy to change your baby’s outfit after every meal! There are many types of bibs you can choose from, the traditional cloth bib, plastic bibs, and real favourites today are the catchy plastic bibs that catch all those unwanted bits of food baby drops while feeding.
How much do baby feeding accessories cost?
Of course there are so many different accessories it does depend what you want. The basic essentials such as utensils, bowls and bibs can be bought at a few pounds each.
As there are so many accessories for baby feeding out there, it’s important to find the right products for you. Do pay close attention to manufacturers’ advice on the products as to which stage they are aimed at. There is a reason for this and with spoons for example, softer spoons are made for younger babies and stronger ones as they get older.
Ready to buy?
Take a look at some of the popular baby feeding accessories below.
Tommee Tippee - Explora 20 Disposable Bibs
Offer price: £2.35 - Buy now
- Handy pack of disposable bibs ideal for out and about feeding times.
- 20 in a pack at a reasonable price to carry around in your changing bag.
- The bibs have a waterproof back to protect baby from dribbling and spillages.
- At the front they have a crumb catcher to collect any mess.
- They are made of strong but soft material so they are comfortable for baby but strong enough to withstand feeding time.
- The bibs are BPA-free.
Product Height: 240mm
Product Width: 100mm
Product Depth: 55mm
Product Weight: 140g
Assembled Height: 240mm
Assembled Width: 100mm
Why we love Explora 20 Disposable Bibs....
- These bibs are so handy to carry in your changing bag, lightweight to carry around but strong enough to protect baby's clothes at feeding time when you need it.
- We adore the funky bright colours of these bibs.
- We love that these bibs still have the handy features of regular bibs such as the catchy front bit.
- The back to keep the baby dry is another handy feature we love.
Tommee Tippee - Travel Food and Bottle Warmer
Offer price: £10.89 - Buy now
- A handy warmer for your baby's bottle or food when you're out and about.
- The flask can heat baby food or breast milk.
- You don't need to plug it in, you just fill it with cooled boiled water for when you need it.
- It's simple to use, when you need to feed your baby simply you just pour the water into the upturned frosted container to warm the bottle.
- Compact that will fit in your changing bag.
Why we love the Travel Food and Bottle Warmer ....
- The bottle warmer is a great option for warming your baby's bottle when on the go.
- We love how compact it is and can easily fit in your changing bag wherever you go.
- It's reasonably priced, so a good purchase to make feeding on the go that bit easier