What feeding accessories are there?
Where to start! Manufacturers offer a whole host of accessories to help make feeding your baby that bit easier. Here are some of the main options you may need.
Drinking cups – Once your baby is weaning, you will need a sippy cup for drinks to accompany mealtimes. Various cups are designed for the different stages of weaning, some with restricted flow for younger babies to fuller flow as they get older.
Utensils – Forks and spoons designed at the right size for baby’s mouth and with a plastic texture to be gentle on baby’s tender gums and also handy for the many times they are bound to hit the floor during early feeding.
Bowls – There are many varieties of bowls available to start the weaning process, again with plastic for baby to be able to hold and use themselves, they often come with a handle easy for baby to use and different manufacturers offer a variety of designs for individual tastes.
Bibs – Bibs are essential for weaning mealtimes, unless you are happy to change your baby’s outfit after every meal! There are many types of bibs you can choose from, the traditional cloth bib, plastic bibs, and real favourites today are the catchy plastic bibs that catch all those unwanted bits of food baby drops while feeding.
How much do baby feeding accessories cost?
Of course there are so many different accessories it does depend what you want. The basic essentials such as utensils, bowls and bibs can be bought at a few pounds each.
As there are so many accessories for baby feeding out there, it’s important to find the right products for you. Do pay close attention to manufacturers’ advice on the products as to which stage they are aimed at. There is a reason for this and with spoons for example, softer spoons are made for younger babies and stronger ones as they get older.
Ready to buy?
Take a look at some of the popular baby feeding accessories below.
Nuby - Nibbler
Offer price: £5.15 - Buy now
- A handy accessory to help feed baby when weaning.
- A great way to introduce baby to solid foods for the first time.
- Also a good way to help soothe baby’s sore gums during teething.
- You simply fill them with ice and fruit or veg and it allows your baby to suck on it safely without the fear of choking.
- They have an easy squeeze and twist locking system that is child proof.
- It can also become a teether when you need it.
Age: Suitable from 10 months
Why we love the Nibbler ....
- This cheap feeding accessory is ideal for introducing first foods to babies without the fear of choking as the food is cleverly sealed under the net.
- We adore the funky colours of this nibbler and its easy grip handle for babies.
- We love the easy squeeze and twist locking system that is easy for mum to secure and too hard for baby to undo.
- Being able to introduce your baby to solid pieces of food without the panic of them choking is our favourite part.
- Loving the fact that you can turn it into a teether when you need it.
Tommee Tippee – Explora 20 Disposable Bibs
Offer price: £2.35 - Buy now
- Handy pack of disposable bibs ideal for out and about feeding times.
- 20 in a pack at a reasonable price to carry around in your changing bag.
- The bibs have a waterproof back to protect baby from dribbling and spillages.
- At the front they have a crumb catcher to collect any mess.
- They are made of strong but soft material so they are comfortable for baby but strong enough to withstand feeding time.
- The bibs are BPA-free.
Product Height: 240mm
Product Width: 100mm
Product Depth: 55mm
Product Weight: 140g
Assembled Height: 240mm
Assembled Width: 100mm
Why we love Explora 20 Disposable Bibs....
- These bibs are so handy to carry in your changing bag, lightweight to carry around but strong enough to protect baby’s clothes at feeding time when you need it.
- We adore the funky bright colours of these bibs.
- We love that these bibs still have the handy features of regular bibs such as the catchy front bit.
- The back to keep the baby dry is another handy feature we love.
Annabel Karmel – Food Cube Tray with clip on lid
Offer price: £5.23 - Buy now
- Handy portion cubes to securely store your baby’s food.
- Secure clip on lid for each of the nine cubes so you can keep it in the fridge or freezer.
- The cube trays are designed to be the right size for a weaning portion.
- The trays are also dishwasher safe.
Why we love the Food Cube Tray with clip on lid ....
- We love that these trays are reasonably priced.
- They are divided into the perfect portion size so you don’t have to worry about working it out.
- We love the secure lids that keep your baby’s food fresh.
- The fact that these trays are dishwasher safe means cleaning is nice and easy.
Tommee Tippee – Travel Food and Bottle Warmer
Offer price: £10.89 - Buy now
- A handy warmer for your baby’s bottle or food when you’re out and about.
- The flask can heat baby food or breast milk.
- You don’t need to plug it in, you just fill it with cooled boiled water for when you need it.
- It’s simple to use, when you need to feed your baby simply you just pour the water into the upturned frosted container to warm the bottle.
- Compact that will fit in your changing bag.
Why we love the Travel Food and Bottle Warmer ....
- The bottle warmer is a great option for warming your baby’s bottle when on the go.
- We love how compact it is and can easily fit in your changing bag wherever you go.
- It’s reasonably priced, so a good purchase to make feeding on the go that bit easier
Bounty Boutique - Organic Bamboo Muslin Squares by Muslinz
RRP £13.00 – Buy now
- Made from 70% bamboo and 30% organic cotton.
- Handy pack of 3 - perfect for your changing bag
- Machine washable
Age: Suitable from birth
Dimensions 70cm squares
Why we love the Organic Muslin Squares…
- They are really strong and absorbent, while still super soft for baby
- These muslins can double up as a breastfeeding cover up too.
- Light pack to easily carry in your changing bag.
- Being machine washable is an added bonus.
F&F – Muslin squares
Offer price: £8 - Buy now
- Handy pack of seven muslins for your changing bag.
- These muslins are made from pure cotton so soft and gentle on baby’s skin.
- They are machine washable and tumble dry safe.
- Reasonably priced for a pack of seven.
Why we love the Muslin squares ....
- We quickly learn as parents that muslins are a must have wherever you go with baby, these muslins are in a light pack to carry easily around in your changing bag.
- We love that they are reasonably priced.
- The fact that the muslins are made from 100% cotton means they are gentle on baby and you have peace of mind that they are safe to use on a young baby.
- The fact that they can be machine washed and tumble dryed for quick cleaning and drying is probably our favourite bit.
Tommee Tippee – Explora Weaning Kit
Offer price: £11.99 - Buy now
- A great starter kit for weaning.
- The set from Tommee Tippee contains two weaning pots, two first weaning spoons, one first sips cup and one mash bowl.
- The pots and bowl have secure lids to prevent any leaks.
- The first sips cup is designed specifically for young baby’s starting out with a cup, it has a non spill Easy-Flow valve to help prevent choking.
- The weaning spoons have a really soft and flexible tip to be kind to teething gums.
Why we love the Explora Weaning Kit ....
- This is a great kit to get you started on the weaning process, although you would probably end up needing more, it’s great for the first few days.
- We love that this set is available in boys and girls colours, pink and blue.
- The really soft weaning spoons are probably our favourite bit as baby’s gums can be incredibly tender at this stage and they are designed to be gentle.
- Loving the secure lids on the pots as leakage spells big mess, and the lid on the mixing bowl has a handy grip for the spoon too.