10 ways to prepare for another baby
Thinking about another baby? Here’s some things to know
You’re probably wondering how on earth you’re going to cope with two children – you’re already flat out with one! But the truth is, while life with two may be double the numbers, it’s not double the work.
Here’s 10 ways to get ready for your bigger family.
- Trust your instincts – with a few years’ experience under your belt, you can relax, trust your judgement and enjoy the ride.
- A new birth plan? Think about your last labour – is there anything you want to do differently this time?
- Baby kit audit – dig out your baby gear and decide what you can use again, and what you’ll need to buy or replace?
- All change? Think about the logistics of a bigger family - will you need to replace your car, swap bedrooms or even think about moving?
- Sort your finances - if you’re worried about your finances or housing, make sure you’re receiving the right benefits and support
- Childcare - will you need to pre-register your baby with a nursery or child-minder for further down the line?
- A new approach? Maybe you want to try a different approach to breastfeeding, going 'on demand' rather than sticking to a schedule...or vice-versa?
- Organisation is everything – while it’s not always easy, a solid routine, good systems and forward planning make life with two kids a whole lot easier!
- Don’t expect to get much done – if you get out of the house and do one activity a day, you’re going great guns!
- Watch them bond – it probably won’t happen for a while, but when they start to connect, you’ll find life doesn’t get a lot better than seeing your children laugh and play together