Subjects to avoid when talking to a pregnant woman
Avoid all the below and you may manage not to annoy a pregnant woman
How to make a pregnant woman see red
- If you want to avoid an emotional outburst, avoid these comments guaranteed to wind up a pregnant woman
How many of the below have you heard during your pregnancy
1. ‘Do you know what you’re having?’
You’re not out for lunch picking off the menu, and for goodness sake, if you did know whether you were having a boy or girl and you wanted everyone else to know, you would have put it on Facebook!
2. Belly touchers
Why on earth do random people think it is acceptable to touch your belly just because you’re pregnant? They wouldn’t go up to a man with a big beer belly and start touching his stomach, would they?
3. ‘Wait till your baby arrives…’
Er…I thought that’s what I was doing..?!
4. Oooh…should you be eating that?’
Those people who judge you on every morsal you put in your mouth, yes I’m pregnant, but I still have to eat!
5. ‘Aren’t you big!’
Well noticed, I am carrying a human in here you know.
6. ‘Let me tell you my birth story, it was awful!’
Seriously, why would anyone do this to someone about to give birth?
7. AND THE WORST OF ALL: ‘Haven’t you had the baby yet?’
Towards the end of your pregnancy or if you go overdue, all people seem to say is this ridiculous phrase. If I had had the baby, would I be standing here heavily pregnant? Clearly not.