The top i-Size car seats on the market
We take a look at some of the best i-Size car seats in the shops
All car seats are approved to a regulation, meaning they must pass certain tests before they can go on sale. The new European standard for child car seats, known as i-Size, forms part of regulation ECE R129. Therefore, I-Size seats are becoming more popular with parents. We round up some of our favourites on the market today.
- Provides safety and comfort for newborns up to 15 months
- The infant carrier has a newborn insert for extra support and offers energy absorption in case of an impact
- SICT protection offers superior protection in case of a side collision
- Lie-flat technology allows for a more comfortable and more ergonomic position for newborns, especially when used with the flex base
- The padded headrest and harness can easily be adjusted with one hand to suit your child’s height
We love the lie-flat option in the car seat allowing your newborn to be in the best position while in their car seat.
Suitable: Birth to 13kg
Car seat weight: 4.8kg
Fitting: ISOFIX & seatbelt
Pebble Plus i-Size car seat
- Has a new high tech impact-absorbing side protection system
- Includes the baby-hugg inlay for a better fit and protection for newborns
- Memory buttons that allow for one hand release from a Maxi-Cosi or Quinny pushchair
- The innovative stay-open harness makes it easier to place and secure your child in the seat
- One-pull harness system and simultaneous safety harness and headrest adjustment
We love that when used with the compatible base, you can easily click it in and out of your car.
Suitable: birth to 1 year
Car seat weight: 4.5kg
Fitting: 2wayFix base/seatbelt
- Can be used rearward facing until four years
- It has seven recline positions which can be operated when your child is in the seat
- Installation requires the i-Base Advance car seat base (sold separately)
- Convenient one-pull adjustable five-point harness
We love that the stay open harness makes life easier.
Suitable: Birth to approx four years (18kg)
Car seat weight: 6.7kg
- Reclines to 157° angle for the most ergonomic position for your baby.
- It has side impact certification and rearward-facing longer usage.
- Exclusive Tri-Protect™ headrest offers 3 layers of security, Grow Together™ multi-height headrest and harness system adjusts simultaneously and requires no rethreading of harness.
- Removable full body insert.
- Retractable, removable sun canopy features a zip-open panel.
- Meets the new i-Size ECE R129/00 standard
We love the attention to detail on safety features as well as comfort on the new Joie i-Level.
Suitable: birth to 13kg
Car seat weight: 9.95kg (inc. base)
Sirona M i-Size ISOFIX
- This car seat can be rearward facing up to 105cm, (approx. 4 years)
- It also has a 12 position height adjustable headrest and click-in system to change seat position
- This seat is designed to allow plenty of leg room for growing children without taking up too much space in smaller vehicles
- Has the option of forward facing from 16 months (approx. 76cms)
We love that you have the option of rearward facing until 4 years old with this seat.
Suitable: birth to 18kg
Car seat weight: 8.4kg
- This car seat allows baby to lie-flat in the sleeping position - both inside and outside the car
- The seat has soft padding with a newborn inlay to keep the baby safe and secure
- Includes a shock absorbing slatted frame which allows air to circulate thus helping a baby to regulate their temperature
- The ISOFIX Base 2 is included in the Evoluna i-Size box and must be used with the Evoluna i-Size in the car
- Easily removed hard wearing, washable cover
We love that this seat allows baby to lie-flat when travelling in the car as well as outside the car.
Suitable: birth to 15 months
Car seat weight: 4.9kg
- This i-size car seat cleverly converts so that little ones can ride safer for longer rear facing
- Providing premium protection as they grow – the REBL plus holds riders from birth to 4 years comfortably, with removable inserts, 7 recline and headrest positions, and ventilation panels
- Plus steel strength technology: steel frame and ultra-resilient, top of the line plastics combine for premium protection
- Stronger with 20% thicker steel wall and 35% stronger steel frame
- True lock™ installation technology make set up swift, simple and secure using a vehicle’s ISOFIX anchor points
We love that this seat is designed to allow little ones to be forward facing for up to four years old.
Suitable: Birth to 19.5kg
Car seat weight: 15.6kg
- This seat is easy to switch between the two positions with its handy 360° swivel
- It can be operated one-handed, with indicators to show a complete safe installation with the inbuilt ISOFIX base
- The headrest is adjustable to grow with the child, along with 5 recline positions.
- Featuring breathable fabrics and comfortable seating made from automotive moulded foam
- The Zero 1 cushions can be removed in various pieces as they grow
We love the all-round attention to detail on this model with safety first and practicality and comfort a close second.
Suitable: birth to 105cm
Car seat weight: 9kg