Some women say they know the exact moment they conceived, some women notice signs before they miss a period, while others don’t know they’re pregnant for several weeks.
Very Early Signs of Pregnancy
You may notice the first signs of pregnancy as little as within one week of conception. Most early pregnancy symptoms occur within the first four weeks.
- Slight bleeding or cramping as the embryo implants in your uterus.
- Delay in menstruation. When you become pregnant, your next period should be missed.
- Tender breasts that seem to be growing already!
- Extreme tiredness... yes, it might not just be too many late nights, after all!
- Backaches may be a symptom that occurs early in pregnancy.
Top 5 signs of pregnancy
- Nausea or sickness can start very early for some women.
- Needing to have a wee more often.
- Headaches due to the sudden rise of hormones in your body.
- Darkening of the skin around your nipples.
- Food cravings or aversions.
Most women ovulate two weeks before their period starts. So by the time you miss a period, your unborn baby is two weeks old. However, because pregnancy is dated from the first day of your last period, you are said to be four weeks pregnant.
If you have a cycle of five weeks, your baby will still only be two weeks old when you miss your period, but your midwife will put you down as five weeks pregnant!
All women are different and you can read more about the symptoms of pregnancy in the comments below.