There’s nothing like having a little bit of ‘me time’ when you’re pregnant and a spa break with a mum-to-be treatment is a great way to revitalise and get prepared for your new little arrival
Many hotels now offer treatments for pregnant ladies (usually after the first trimester) aimed helping to cleanse your mind and soul.
At a glance
- With spas all over the country, you don't have to go far for a spa break or treatment
- Lots of spas have treatments which are specifically for mums-to-be
- Relaxing in a spa is a great way to revitalise and get prepared for your new arrival
We've picked some of our fave treatments and spas for mums-to-be.
Nurture package at Titanic Spa
Before baby arrives into the world, treat yourself to a day of nurturing treatments to enhance your well-being at this special time.
With unique treatments for mums-to-be, this day will focus on key areas leaving you feeling relaxed and truly pampered. (Please note this package does not include the Titanic Heat Experience due to contra-indications, guests do have full use of Club Titanic).
- Elemis Mother-to-be (from 1st trimester onwards) or Decléor Mother-to-be (from 2nd trimester onwards including post pregnancy)
- Pro Radience Hand Treatment
- ZenSpa Pedicure
This package includes Titanic Heat & Ice Experience, Club Titanic, Salt Regulated Swimming Pool, Hydrozone, Poolside Sauna and Steam Room, Relaxation Lounge, Light Buffet Lunch (excluding beverages) from £129pp
Treatment: New Life at Armathwaite Hall Spa
Price: 60 minutes £60.00, 90 minutes £96.00 (includes reviver facial)
Description: A wonderful, nourishing massage that benefits baby and mother to be relieving physical stress, fatigue and anxiety. Your skin - both face and body - is firmer and elasticized.
Spa Break: Precious Moments Babymoon Spa Break
Price: £600 per room
Description: This luxury break in the English Lake District is inclusive of:
- Two nights’ accommodation based on sharing double/twin bedded room
- Full Cumbrian breakfast on two mornings
- Dinner in the Lake View restaurant on two evenings
- One 60 minute ‘New Life’ massage treatment for mum to be: A wonderful, nourishing massage that benefits baby and mother to be, relieving physical stress, fatigue and anxiety. Your skin is firmer and elasticized. Specifically designed for pregnancy
- Use of the Spa facilities for both throughout the stay
Treatment: Dry Float Wrap at Moddershall Oaks
Description: This totally relaxing treatment will make all your troubles float away. Your choice of product is applied to your body before you are enveloped in the warm dry blanket of the floatation bed. A scalp massage follows before you are left to float away. Choose from the following products to be warmed and applied to your body before you are wrapped up.
Treatment: Scrumptious Mum
Price: 85 Minutes £79
Description: This nurturing treatment will help to preserve the tone of your skin, reducing the risk of stretch marks,lighten your legs and brighten your complexion to ensure you look as radiant as you feel. Combining Decléor products especially chosen for their safety and effectiveness during pregnancy, this top to toe treatment will leave your body feeling massaged and relaxed. Your baby bump gets to experience a special mask to protect the skin and your whole body will be revitalised.
Treatment: Baby and me envelopment
Price: 55 Minutes £55
Description: This comforting body wrap treatment aims to relieve the skin discomforts which come with pregnancy. Products and procedures have been carefully developed to provide a safe and effective treatment perfect for your physical and emotional well-being.
Available at selected Mercure hotels with, or without overnight stays.
Treatment: Beautiful Bump
Price: 55 Minutes £55
Description: Relaxing and pampering for expectant mothers, your treatment starts with a soothing foot soak and back massage. This is followed by a localised collagen boosting body mask enriched with olive, shea, mango and cocoa butters. A relieving foot, leg and scalp massage completes this wonderful pre-natal treatment.
Make sure you avoid steam rooms, hot tubs, saunas, body wraps, reflexology or anything with contra-indicated aromatherapy oils, which aren't suitable for bumps.
Chat with other mums