What are blenders?
Blenders are also known as liquidisers and are designed to puree food. Often used for soups, but today they are a great-way to create meals for your weaning baby. Whichever stage of weaning your baby is at, you can blend the food to the ideal consistency.
How much do blenders cost?
Although you can use any blender of any manufacturer, makers of baby equipment often make weaning specific models now. They vary in cost from as little as £20 to more sophisticated models at over £100.
Blenders designed for the weaning stage often have a variety of functions to help you create delicious meals easily for your baby.
The main functions are the blending option, a steamer, and often a warmer and defrost option.
When choosing a blender for weaning, these four options help you create, cook, and prepare any food for your little one. It is worth looking for one that has a large container which means you can prepare a decent amount in one go and gives you the chance to freeze portions for later on.
Ready to buy?
Take a look at some of the popular blenders below.
Babymoov Nutribaby(+) Baby Food Prep Station
RRP: £144.99 - Buy now
- 5-in-1 Steamer, blender, sterilizer, bottle warmer and also defrosts baby food.
- Perfect for easy food prep and batch cooking baby meals during weaning stage
- Prepare healthy meals for the whole family simultaneously!
- Large cooking capacity of 1500ml in steamer and 900ml in the blender.
- Sterilize 3 bottles at once in the steaming area.
- Cooking Juices Collector: Collects juices from steamed veggies and other ingredients to add back into purees, soups and smoothies in the blender.
- Easy to use central control panel: one button, one function.
Age: Suitable from birth
Weight: 3 kg
Height: 31 cm
Width: 24.1 cm
Depth: 42.1 cm
Why we love Nutribaby(+) Food Prep Station
- Multi-function: Make use of it’s 5 functions in one easy-to-use station from birth to weaning and beyond!
- Lasts a lifetime: With Nutribaby(+) it’s reassuring to know that Babymoov offer Lifetime Warranty on all electrical products including Nutribaby(+). Don’t forget to register for this via their website.
- Modern, sleek design blends effortlessly with every stylish home.
- It’s large capacity enables parents to batch cook food in advance and easily store away in portion in the fridge or freezer.
- The easy control panel allows you to choose your function and set numerous timers to cook different ingredients perfectly – so you can leave it to do it’s job!
- Comes in 2 stylish colours: Industrial Grey and Loft White.
Nuby – Mighty Blender – White and Green
RRP: £45 - Buy now
- A versatile blender for the weaning stage that creates smooth purees as well as chunky textured food.
- Really quick to puree, you can prepare your baby’s food in this in five minutes.
- Also includes a steaming basket that is ideal for microwaving your baby’s.
- For handy storage, the blender also comes with six storage cups with lids so you can store meals in the fridge or freezer.
- Big enough bowl to cool a large amount of food in one go.
Weight: 2.4 kg
Height: 240 cm
Width: 310 cm
Depth: 200 cm
Why we love the Mighty Blender – White and Green ....
- This blender is reasonably priced and does all you need it to do for preparing baby’s weaning food.
- We adore the funky colours of this modern blender.
- We love that this blender even comes with a cookbook for weaning ideas if you are struggling with inspiration to create new meals for your baby.
- It comes with all the utensils you need for baby weaning such as the storage cups, a soft spatula and long handed spoons.
- Loving the fact that this is all dishwasher and microwave safe for easy cleaning and heating up food.
Beaba – Babycook The Original Baby Food Maker
RRP: £89.99 - Buy now
- This is more than a blender, it steams, blends, warms and defrost your baby’s food.
- It’s an all in one to create your and prepare food for your baby.
- The blender helps to preserve nutrients and flavours in the food.
- It can cook food for your baby in a quick 15 minutes.
- The set includes a cooking basket , scrape bowl, spatula, mixing lid, recipe booklet and one extra gasket.
- It has a large 800ml capacity to cook food but is still compact for your worktop.
Weight: 1.640 kg
Height: 21 cm
Width: 15 cm
Depth: 26 cm
Why we love the Babycook The Original Baby Food Maker ....
- This blender is the Rolls Royce of blenders doing everything from blending, steaming and defrosting, which you would expect for the price.
- We adore the modern, compact design that will fit comfortably on your worktop.
- We love that it cooks food in such a short time which is great for babies as they aren’t known for their patience.
- The large capacity bowl to make the food, but the overall compact design of the blender is probably our favourite bit.
- Loving the added extras including the handy recipe booklet.