Teeny babies can be unbelievably wriggly and slippery, so make bath time fun and easy with a baby bath or a support that sits in the big bath.
You’ll need to hold on tight until they can sit – and you always need to stay close by.
As your baby gets bigger, colourful, squeezy cups and toys can make bath time fun and educational too!
Which baby bathing equipment is right for you?
You can choose from a few main options:
- baby baths – from mini baths, cute ‘buckets’ and even sink baths, these products hold water
- bath aid or support – these sit neatly in your big bath
- swivel bath or support – to use in your bath for babies who can sit
How much will baby bathing equipment cost?
Supports start from around £5 and baths start from around £6.
Baby bathing accessories
You can choose from a variety of products for you and baby:
- towel or cuddle robe
- sponge or flannel
- bath thermometer
- baby toiletries
- bath toys – make it fun and educational!
- non-slip bath mat – complete with handy hot water warning
- bath kneelers – to protect your knees
Top tips for buying baby bathing accessories
Always check the temperature of the water first
- Run cold then warm up with hot water
- Never leave your baby unattended – not even for a second
Ready to buy?
Take a look at some of the popoular bathing products below.
Acqua Bambino Two Stage Bath
RRP: £28.50 - Buy now
An excellent value ergonomically designed bath suitable for newborns and sitting babies
- Rigid plastic bath support for newborns through to babies weighing 8kg
- Suckers on the bottom of the three legs fix the support securely to the base of your bath tub
- Baby is supported in a reclining position, leaving your hands free for washing and fun!
- Baby is able to kick freely and splash with their arms while remaining securely in the support
- Available in blue or white
Age: from birth to 15kg
Dimensions: 20cm x 93cm x 54cm
Why we love the Baby bath supports...
- It is brilliant quality with a sturdy, secure feel that isn't too heavy once filled
- Baby looks safe and comfy in the ergonomically shaped supports, both at newborn and sitting up stage
- It can be used in the bath as well as on the floor if your bath is big enough
- It's great having your hands free and not having to hold a slippery, wet baby for those nerve-wracking first bath times!
- • It is big enough for baby to really kick and splash about and enjoy bath time!