Top ideas for easy, everyday exercise
A certain amount of exercise in pregnancy is good for you, here’s what you need to know
Keeping active during your pregnancy can boost your health and help your unborn baby develop better too. But we don’t mean feeling the burn – all you need is light exercise every day. So here’s a great guide from Tommy’s for building everyday activity into the next few months.
A walk in the park
Walking is the foundation of pregnancy fitness - and if you are not used to exercising, a simple stroll is the perfect place to start.
Seven ideas for everyday exercise
Getting enough exercise can be as simple as making many small but impactful changes to your everyday life:
- Take the stairs instead of the lift
- Walk instead of taking the bus - or get off a stop early
- Pop to the shops on foot, or take a stroll through the park – it all counts!
- If you have other children, walk them to school or playgroup
- Take the dog for an extra walk – make someone very happy!
- Do some gardening – even weeding is great exercise
- Put on your favourite tunes and have a good old bop.