Expecting a new little one this autumn? Embrace the spirit of the season with a beautiful Autumn baby name.
The season your baby is born can have a big impact on what you choose to name them Autumn babies are born into a world of spectacular fiery colours as nature readies itself for a sparkling winter.
• Ashley - This nature inspired name harks back to the Old English meaning of ‘æsc’ meaning ‘ash’ and ‘leah’ referring to a ‘woodland clearing’.
• Autumn - This beautiful and unique name encapsulates the spirit of the season of your little one’s birth.
• Amber - Name your baby after this precious and mysterious stone famous for its deep honey-yellow colouring and opacity.
• Laurel - Taken from the tree famous for it’s shining evergreen leaves and historical powerful significance and of laurel wreaths.
• Scarlett - Named after the brilliant red colour, this name embodies the passion and daring of a strong and determined young woman your baby will develop into.
• Akiko - This Japanese name combines the characters meaning ‘autumn’, ‘bright’ and ‘sparkle’; a wonderful airy and calm choice of baby name, also easily shortened to Aki.
• Auriole - Meaning ‘Golden’ in Latin, this angelic name also means ‘a bright circle of light’ similar to a halo.
• Hazel - Inspired by the tree and colour this name comes from the Old English ‘hæsel’. Drawing from the strength of nature this name also has a delicious association to chocolate.
• Sorrel - This name has a germanic origin meaning chestnut is also inspired by the famous cooking herb instantly identifiable by its spear shaped leaves.
• Clover - Renowned for its lucky charms, this name is often associated with the Irish shamrock and Christian connection to St. Patrick.
• Heather - This girl’s name harmonises the strength and resilience of the the famous plant alongside its unique beautiful pink, white and purple flowers.
• Fern - Inspired by the airy and featherlike nature of the green fern, this name is bursting with life while retaining the soft mystery of the often shaded plant.
• Ash - This name inspired by the forest and iconic tree meaning ‘spear’ originates back to the Old English meaning of ‘æsc’ meaning ‘ash’
• Forest - Meaning ‘of the wood’ this name originates from the Latin ‘foris’ and associates you baby with nature and the great outdoors.
• Reed - Derived from the Old English meaning ‘Red’ this strong colour inspired name also has a long proud history in the River Rede and associated noble house.
• Rowan - This ancient Irish name bears the name of the famous ‘mountain ash’ tree known for its fantastical and bold red berries.
• Bruno - A powerful boy’s name with Germanic roots meaning ‘shield’ or ‘armour’ this is a namesake worthy of a strong and determined character.
• Leaf - This monosyllabic name pairs especially well with longer surnames. This nature and earth inspired name is sure to be unique!
• Rory - Meaning ‘The Red King’ this iconic name has both a Highland Scottish and Irish heritage harking back to leaders of the past.
• Cedar - Name your boy after the mighty and ancient cedar tree. The oldest cedar trees in the world are true survivors; estimated to be over 2000 years old!
• Oakley - An iconic boy’s name inspired by the famous acorn-bearing oak tree. Known for their strength and fortitude throughout history.
• Radley - Meaning ‘red meadow’, this name conjures up spectacular autumnal scenes coinciding with the birth of your new little one.
Choose a distinctly unique baby name by matching the month of your baby’s birth to their name.
Autumnal month names include:
Still need more ideas? Use our baby name generator, check out our top baby names or browse through inspirational baby name categories.