First thoughts of a pregnant woman
Recognise any of these first thoughts when you saw that positive test
- Will I ever enjoy a holiday again?
- Will my baby be naughty like I was?
You know something’s a little different, period a little late, a bit more emotional when watching EastEnders than usual and even sore boobs, it’s time to reach for that pregnancy test.
And there it is…that tell-tale blue line…
So, it’s official, you’re pregnant. What are the first things that go through your mind? Any of these perhaps….
1. Is it definitely positive?
As much as you trust your eye sight, bet you take a second or third look, and possibly take a second test, just to be sure.
2. Gulp. I’m really having a baby!
That moment when reality sets in, this is actually real, I’m having a baby.
3. OMG how will it ever come out of there?!
You know the score, you know where babies come from, but that second you realise a person is going to come out of you can literally send shivers down your spine.
4. I’m finally going to have big boobs!
Yes, finally, you look down, think they’ve grown a bit already…happy days! Or if you're naturally big chested: 'oh no, they're going to get even bigger.'
5. I feel sick
Probably not morning sickness at this stage, may be more the reality of the life changing position you’ve just found out about.
6. I can’t drink alcohol for at least 9 months
Wow, now this really is life changing…ooh, but I can eat cake!
7. Is karma going to bite me back?
The sudden memory flashes of what your parents told you about how difficult a baby you were and how stubborn a toddler…is it payback time?
8. I hope my baby doesn’t get my other half’s lazy streak
Some great traits to be had from him, but not this one.
9. Will I ever have a relaxing holiday again?
Running after kids, sleepless nights, baby screaming in restaurants, not quite the holidays I’m used to.
10. OMG I’m having a baby!
Yep, this one will creep up on you a few times yet!