Real Bounty Mums Test the Joie Steadi™ R129 Car Seat
Buying the best car seat is an important purchase to get right and there’s nothing like first-hand experience and ‘real-life’ opinions of parents in the same boat (or car!) to help navigate this essential buy.
To assist, we've enlisted and tested the Joie Steadi™ R129 car seat with Bounty parents to find out how well it performs. Although, without giving the game away, our tester Danielle, with two children aged 1 and 3, was quick off the starting blocks when she summed the seat up saying:
‘In my honest opinion this is one of the BEST car seats I have ever used. I have five children and have used many different brands in the past but this Steadi™ R129 is definitely up there with the best.’
Read on to find out why Danielle and others are raving about this Joie revolution. Plus, all you need to know about the Steadi™ R129 that is designed from birth to four years (or 105cm tall) and stays rear facing up to 18kg (which is something our testers also rated highly!)
Bounty is all about money saving and this car seat adapts with your little one's size and shape, keeping them safe for years to come. Our mum testers were certainly big fans of the longevity!
Here’s what they had to say and a summary of all its key features and benefits:
First impressions – Style & design
- "The seat is much more compact than our current car seat."
- "I was impressed by the style of it. It's a beautiful colour and it's got all safety features covered."
- "We put it straight in the car and it was easier to install than the one we had before. It’s also light to move between cars."
- "We used it in a rear facing direction because of her age and she had plenty of room, perhaps more legroom than normal as there was less padding so she could sit upright."
- "I have honestly never found a car seat that is so easy to install. It took me barely a minute to tightly secure this seat in my car."
- "You knew you were safely installing it. The green button and buckle and bar were an easy way of knowing that it was secured safely."
Ease of use
- "We like being able to easily adjust it when it’s rear facing."
- "We have two children, one three-year-old and a one-year-old, and it’s really easy to switch around to rear facing - its adjustable, light and comfortable."
- "The cover is easy to remove for washing and then replace."
- "The fact that there is no movement with the seat itself is a massive win. All our others we have used including ISOFIX when installed correctly still have some movement but the fact the steadi doesn't is amazing - it really lives up to its name!"
- "The features were an easy way of showing that the seat was safely secured."
- "The headrest gives much more support for sleeping children in the car. Our daughter’s head has never flopped in this car seat. We don’t have to prop her head up, but it did in the previous one."
- "The seat sits bolt upright, slightly laid back and completely laid back which provides comfort for every size."
- "The harness is much better in terms of the pulling and loosening features than on other car seats."
Joie Steadi™ R129 key features
- R129 certified car seat proven by the most up-to-date safety tests around
- Rear-facing: Birth to 18kg. From 40-105cm (roughly birth to 4 years)
- Forward-facing: From 9-18kg. From 76-105cm (approx.15 months to about 4 years)
- Padded infant head and body support cradles the tiniest riders
- Four recline positions - one rear-facing and three forward-facing
- Full side impact protection for the head, body, and hips
- Tri-Protect headrest featuring Intelli-Fit memory foam
- Large belt path opening at back of seat for ease of install
- Removable, washable fabrics for convenient cleaning