Unique baby names 2017
Looking for a baby name that only a few parents have ever picked? We have 10 of the best for boys and girls
When searching for the perfect baby name you can read through endless top 100 most popular names and still struggle to find any name you truly love.
So we’ve searched through a selection of names flying ever so slightly under the radar that may just give you that wow factor you’ve been looking for.
These baby names won’t rank among the Top 100 or 1,000 this year, but they have been given to a handful of babies (less than 10 in the whole of the UK) and could be set for greater stardom. If you’re looking a name that won’t be common in the classroom these would be a virtually unique.
You might also like to read:
Most unique baby names 2017
New names trending in 2017
Most popular names for girls in 2017
Uncommon but not outrageous baby names
Old-fashioned but edgy names
• Clementine - Of Latin origin meaning mild or merciful.
• Darla – Inspired by American fashion model Darla Baker
• Joni – Inspired by folk singer Joni Mitchell or Joni from Happy Days
• Lavinia - Of Latin origin Lavinia was the daughter of King Latinus and the wife of Trojan hero Aeneas, who named the city Lavinium in her honour.
• Mirren – A Scottish name and taking inspiration from actress Dame Helen Mirren too!
• Sylvia - The name originates from the Latin word for forest, Silva and its meaning is spirit of the wood.
• Trinty - Is of Latin origin and means "three in one."
• Adalyn - American name constructed by combining Ada and Lynn
• Eimear – Irish name pronounced ee-mer meaning she possesses “Six Gifts of Womanhood” beauty, a gentle voice, sweet words, wisdom, needlework and chastity.
• Safa – Arabic name is the Muslim meaning purity, clarity, serenity.
• Atlas – Of Greek origin meaning “Titan”.
• Huxley – Of Old English origin meaning "Hugh's meadow".
• King – English name meaning “Kings field”.
• Prince – English name meaning “principal one.”
• Rocky – English name meaning “rock”.
• Angelo – Italian origin meaning “angel”.
• Emerson – American origin meaning “brave, powerful”.
• Dorian – Of English origin meaning “descendant of Dorus.”
• Jared – Of Hebrew origin meaning “rose”.
• Olaf - Of Norse origin meaning ‘ancestor or descendent and from the Disney film Frozen!