Unique and unusual girl names
Browse our hand-picked list of unusual baby names to help you decide on a name for your baby girl
If you want to find a baby girl’s name that stands out from the crowd, we have compiled our Top 20 most unusual girls’ names to give you inspiration for a name with an edge that will be unique in the playground.
Most unusual names given to babies this year include, Tallie, a derivative of Tallulah first made famous by the character in Bugsy Malone.
Trixabelle chosen by Bob Geldof and Paula Yates for their daughter, Fifi Trixibelle, back in the 1980s but still an unusual choice in this country.
Peppa no doubt inspired by the famous pink pig cartoon character loved by children in the UK.
Take a look below at our full list of most unusual girls’ names.
1. Tallie – Native American Indian origin meaning ‘leaping water’, derived from Tallulah
2. Kailani – A Hawaiian baby name meaning ‘sea and sky’.
3. Rochella – French and Old German origin, it is derived from Rochelle meaning ‘little rock; rest’.
4. Trixibelle – From English/American origin meaning ‘voyager through life’.
5. Keyla - A 21st century name creation and used almost exclusively in the United States.
6. Peppa - A variant form of Pepita of Spanish and Hebrew origin.
7. Zana - A Hebrew baby name meaning ‘graceful lily’.
8. Sage - French origin meaning ‘wise one’.
9. Nara – Gaelic origin meaning ‘happy’.
10. Demelza – Cornish origin meaning ‘fort on the hill.’
11. Floriana – French origin meaning ‘flower’.
12. Margot – French origin meaning ‘pearl’.
13. Iliana – Has its roots in the Greek word ‘hēlios’ meaning ‘sun’ or more specifically a ‘ray of light’.
14. Rubena – Feminine of Reuben, it is of Hebrew origin meaning ‘see, a son’.
15. Zarina – Of Muslim origin meaning ‘of gold, golden’.
16. Lexis – Can be a boy’s name too, of Greek origin meaning ‘defender’.
17. Arna – Hebrew origin meaning ‘mountain of strength’.
18. Tayah - A variant of the name Taylor or Taylor, meaning 'tailor'. May also be a pet name for Dorothea meaning 'Gift of God'.
19. Agata – Irish origin meaning ‘kind’.
20. Italia –Italian origin meaning ‘Italy’.