You're in your third trimester when...
Signs that show you have definitely reached the third trimester of your pregnancy
Most agree it’s the toughest part of a pregnancy. Once you get over the morning sickness of the first trimester, you can relish the ‘blooming’ part of the next three months, but as you approach the final furlong, you feel nothing except massively tired and tiredly massive and it seems like you are NEVER ever going to go into labour.
So what are the signs?
1. You have to ask (bribe) someone to paint your toenails for a wedding because you can no longer reach - or even see - your feet.
2. Leaving the house is a challenge because your feet are so swollen that none of your shoes fit.
3. You go to the toilet so many times that you consider leaving the iPad in there so you can watch Netflix.
4. Bladder control is no more: A sneeze invariably leads to wet pants.
5. An undisturbed night’s sleep is a distant memory.
6. As a consequence of no. 5 you could literally nap all day long if someone would let you.
7. You can’t stop eating because you feel you can’t possibly get any larger.
8. Every second person asks you: When are you due? Every third person wants to know if it’s twins.
9. You want to smack all of the above people.
10. Your doctor tuts when she checks your weight. You want to smack him/her too.
11. Your other half looks afraid when you suggest an early night, and then relieved when you clarify that you don’t want him to join you.
12. In fact, the only time sex crosses your mind is when you are a week late and you consider using it as leverage to ‘move things along’.
13. Even your granny would consider your underwear a little on the large side.
14. You no longer walk, you shuffle.
15. You ache in places where you didn’t know you had places.
16. You become quite attached to your stretch marks - which is good, because they’re not going anywhere.
17. Even your maternity clothes are starting to get tight. Only the baggy tracksuit bottoms do the trick.
18. You can no longer wear your wedding rings and to add insult to injury you now have ‘cankles’.
19. Everyone stares at your belly before they look at your face.
20. You forget what it’s like to NOT be pregnant.