The top combination car seats on the market
We take a look at some of the best combination car seats in the shops
Combination car seats are a useful buy for grandparents and childminders as they won’t have to buy a new seat every time a child moves up a stage. We round up some of our favourites on the market today.
Nautilus Elite Group 1/2/3
- The Nautilus Elite is a harnessed booster seat: 5-point harnessed car seat, that converts to a high-back booster
- Its one-hand, adjustable headrest is easy to use and adapts for your growing child. The headrest is also width adjustable to ensure ultimate head and neck protection
- There are 3-position recline options
- Seat pad, body support, harness and buckle covers are comfortable and machine-washable
- Steel reinforced frame provides strength and durability for years of use
We love how easy this seat is to adjust to your baby’s comfort.
Suitable: 9-36kg (with additional booster)
Car seat weight: 9.4kg
Young Sport Hero highback booster car seat Group 0+/1
- Includes the Hero Harness system, which is an al-in-one unit ensuring the harness is in the correct position for the child
- The seat has advanced side impact protection through head, side and hip areas
- It uses duarable, easy to clean and breathable fabric
- Easy to use recline position
- It also has removable insert cushion that offers more stability for smaller children
We love that this car seat is designed for comfort for smaller children as well as older children.
Suitable: 9 months to 36kg
Car seat weight: 8.4kg
Every Stage Group 0+/1/2/3
- Has 6 recline positions: 2 rear facing and 4 forward-facing
- Fits children from birth to around age 12
- The Guard Surround Safety panels provide extra side protection and can be individually activated for extra room in vehicle
- AutoAdjust side wings that widen as the headrest is raised to accommodate growing children
- There is also a one-hand, 10 position height adjustable headrest
We love that that seat has the option to be rear-facing until around age four.
Suitable: birth to 36kg
Car seat weight: 8.24kg
Fitting: Seat belt
EVOLVA 1-2-3 SL SICT Group 1/2/3
- Includes a soft-latch ISOFIX installation system
- Superior side impact protection plus performance chest pads
- Recline position for all ages
- Lightweight and compatible with most cars
- Can be used with ISOFIX or a 3-point seatbelt
We love that this car seat is compatible with many cars and can be installed either with ISOFIX or 3-point seatbelt.
Suitable: 9 to 36kg
Car seat weight: 8.6kg
Fitting: ISOFIX/3-point seat belt
Milestone LX Group 0+/1/2/3
- 10-position headrest and no re-thread harness
- The headrest can be adjusted easily with one hand to grow with your child
- The harness height automatically adjusts when altering the headrest height for ease-of-use
- This seat has Safety Surround™ side impact technology
- Improved side impact protection by adding EPS foam in the headrest area, known as Safety Surround™ Side Impact Technology, offers advanced head protection at every stage and features a steelreinforced frame
We love the modern look and feel of this combination car seat.
Suitable: birth to 36kg
Car seat weight: 8.42kg
Grand Group 1/2/3
- Reclining button that adjusts to 3 positions.
- Switching from Group 1 to Group 2-3 is easy with the “anti-misuse” straps. Switching to a booster you just detach the integrated straps, conceal them, preventing any installation errors
- It is also fitted with a Top Tether (anti-rotation strap) offering added protection
- This seat also includes ventilation in the shell and impact absorbing material
- Other features include removable and washable upholstery
We love that this combination car seat has the 3 recline options for baby’s comfort plus it can be used until around age 12.
Suitable: 9mths to 12 years approx.
Car seat weight: 14.5kg
Cozy N Safe
Excalibur Group 1,2,3
- It offers extra safety, protection and comfort for children up to 25kg or Group 2 (approx. 6 years)
- The seat features a 5 point integral harness and side impact protection
- The frame is fully lined with high density polyurethane foam so your child will be in complete comfort with ultimate security
- Simply fit using Isofix and top-tether, or the adult 3-point seat belt
- It has a 4-point recline, adjustable headrest and a self-adjusting harness
We love the attention to detail of safety and comfort in this combination seat.
Suitable: birth to 9-36kg
Car seat weight: 18.9kg
Fitting: Isofix/seat belt
Radian 5 Group 0+/1/2
- Gives parents the option of rear-facing in a 5 point harness for longer
- Suitable from birth
- Forward or rear facing from birth up to 25kg (around 7 years)
- The steel frame provides a tough immovable core, making the seat ultra-strong and durable
- Has metal reinforced side walls along with advanced energy absorbing foam
- Other features include thick memory foam on the seat base, a comfy headrest, plus a newborn insert
We love that the narrow width means it fits more easily in smaller cars, and you could even get three side by side in larger vehicles.
Suitable: Newborn to 25kg
Car seat weight: 11kg